How can you keep an active profile when you want to disengage?
There are a few things you can do.
1. Pre-write and schedule your content. Write general posts and schedule them to be posted while you’re offline. Social media apps like HootSuite and Sprout Social let you do this. Just remember not to post anything that may elicit a conversation or become inappropriate if there’s a disaster. Generic posts work well for this.
2. Use a content curation tool like Chirpsy. If you already use us to supplement your engagement messages, you know how effective it is. By itself, Chirpsy will keep your accounts active and relevant while you’re away.
3. Include customer service messages. Holiday opening hours, reminders, promotion messaging. These are all things you you pre-schedule and link to, while giving your audience useful, timely content.
4. Have someone in the office review the social media feeds. This is a great training opportunity for someone in the office. Ask them to review the feeds to see if anything needs urgent actioning, the same as media monitoring. You don’t need to give permission to post, but they can watching for poor brand mentions and the technology, and escalate any major issues. Remember to define major before you leave to avoid a panicked phone call over something slight.
5. Enjoy the holidays. You’ve worked hard all year ’round. Take this time to do the things you love, without worrying about reach and clicks. You’ll come back refreshed and more creative.
We hope these tips help you have fun this holiday season.