The name content marketing is relatively new, but it’s here to stay. And that’s a good thing.
So what is content marketing? There are many definitions, most full of technical jargon. Here at Chirpsy, we define content marketing as sharing relevant information with your customers, to make their lives easier and keep you top-of-mind for when they’re ready to buy. Essentially being that friend who knows everything and everyone, but less obnoxious.
Still not convinced? Here are our top five reasons why you need content marketing.
- 1. Engaged social customers spend 5.6% more. Providing them with relevant content keeps them engaged.
- 2. Build credibility. You know you’re hot stuff, but do your customers? Content marketing gives you the chance to show off your knowledge.
- 3. It’s cheaper than advertising – and more trusted. Content marketing costs just your time (and a Chirpsy subscription). No need to hire designers, media planners, or pay for ad space.
- 4. It expands your marketing reach. You Tweet to 2,000 followers, and three people retweet it to their 2,000 followers. Instead of your name being in front of 2,000 people, now it’s 8,000. Woohoo!
- 5. Paid advertising is no longer as trusted. A Neilsen study shows a massive 84% of global respondents trust word-of-mouth advertising the most. Yes, that’s content marketing, as well as the gossip over the back fence. Where are you best spending your time and money?
Now you know you need content marketing, hop over to Twitter and get started. Find some content to share. Don’t forget that a Chirpsy subscription works great supplementing your content marketing, or by itself.